School Bus Disciplinary Action Procedures
Class I and Class II School Bus Offenses
- 1st Incident : Parent/driver conference (further administrative actions will not occur unless there is verifiable evidence that a parent/driver conference has occurred by phone or face-to-face)
- 2nd Incident: Referral to school administrator and 1 (one) week suspension from riding school bus
- 3rd Incident: Referral to administrator with 2 (two) weeks suspension from riding school bus
Subsequent referrals may result in the student being removed from the bus for remainder of the school year.
Class III and Class IV School Bus Offenses
- Any infraction considered Class III or Class IV should be processed by the school administrator immediately as the Code of Student conduct directs. One Class III or Class IV violation of the Code of Conduct occurring on the school bus may result in the student being removed from the bus for the remainder of the school year.
If transportation is a related service for a student with a disability, the Special Education Services Department will conduct a manifestation determination. If the behavior is not a manifestation of the student’s disability the student will be removed from the bus. If the behavior is a manifestation of the student’s disability, a plan for transporting the student will be developed.
Code of Conduct Class IV Offense Addition
- Terrorism - the unlawful use or threat of violence especially against an individual or group.